Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tomorrow at Crafty Balboa Holiday, Zucchini and Co!

Art is a process; it is by following a set of steps that I can turn off the inner monologue and let a thought speak. The steps vary, but are almost always related to color, words, layering, and textures.
I work with acrylic paint, carved linoleum blocks, and colored pencils. I love the touch of papers--thick cotton rag--and often the paper's surface is just as important as what is put on that surface. I create patterns in squares and circles, in colors that tend to be feminine, and rely on traditional craft, such as hand-sewing a print to a painting.
Currently, I am working on a smaller scale with quieter colors, perhaps reflecting something of who I am outside of the classroom. Current events, my students, and my dreams are often my subjects.





Zucchini and Co. will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday tomorrow from 11am to 6pm!



No comments:

Post a Comment