Monday, November 28, 2011

Say "hello" to MELLO PRESS!

Mello Press is Amanda Mello, printing away in her South Philadelphia Studio!


Please tell us about yourself. I'm a letterpress printer, which can mean a lot of things these days. There's been a huge letterpress resurgence and a lot of people are involving digital design in their work. I am incredibly bad at digital design so I work with {mostly} vintage wood and metal type. This leads to prints that are almost entirely text based, infused with my own questionable sense of humor.


Is there anything new and/or exciting you are bringing to Crafty Balboa Holiday?! One of my new items that I'm most excited about are the "i like your bike" tags. This is an idea that I've been mulling over for YEARS! These tags are great for any bike enthusiast in your life and make a perfect stocking stuffer. Basically, they were inspired by all the beautiful bikes in Philadelphia - I'm always stopping and gawking and wish I had a way to let the bike's owner know how much I appreciate their ride. Pick them up in a set of 6 for $8.


All I want for Christmas is... A type collection the likes of Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum and/or Hatch Show Print . . . that's not too much to ask, right?






Looking for Mello Press before December 17th? You can find her here!

No comments:

Post a Comment