Friday, November 12, 2010

Golden Calf Designs answers Crafty's questions!

Golden Calf Designs 
How did you get started doing what your doing?
I started making jewelry when I was a kid. My 10th birthday party was at a bead store, where we all made necklaces. (Mine had cat beads and leather.) I then became heavily into rummaging. Anything and everything became part of “project”. I came across a parts cabinet with washers, resistors, wires, and other tiny things. All of the little pieces sparked something in my adolescent brain, and I began putting all of these bits together. A piece of jewelry emerged, and around my mothers neck it went. She still wears it. Years down the line, I started attending art school. I always knew I would go to school for art one day, but the direction I was headed was unclear. I loved graphic design, photography, printing, drawing, painting...blah blah blah... but wait! What was that? The school has a jewelry program? It was meant to be. Over the past 5 years, I've been honing my metalworking, woodworking, and embroidery techniques into what you see today!

What can we expect to see from you at Crafty Balboa Holiday?
I'll be bringing with me a variety of necklaces, rings, and brooches. One of my most popular necklace designs, which is a tiny silver sailboat on the water ($35), will be a plenty. I will also have new gemstone rings ranging from $40-$100. I'm still working away, so there will be plenty of surprises!

What's the best present you have ever received?
My sisters trash picked ornate mirror that I had been coveting for years. She got over it, I got to hang it on my wall.

What is the best present your ever made?
I painted a watercolor for my father of me, my sister, and my brother. It's totally not realistic, and absolutely awesome.

All I want for Hanukkah is...
A magical set of stars and planets for my ceiling that stay glowing all night long.
Visit Golden Calf on December 4th, at Crafty Balboa Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment