Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Typsy Gypsy Tees

TYPSY GYSPY TEES

Typsy Gyspy tees is a family run screen printing company that specializes in hand draw designs. We started printing tee shirt for two reasons. My job as an art teacher at Moore Collage of Art and Design lead me to screen printing. When my boss called me and asked me if I could teach a screen printing class, I had to say yes even though screen printing was not something I had done before. With little time to learn, my husband and I set up a studio in our basement and began practicing. Soon we were working as a team; I was designing the work and He was perfecting the art of preparing the screens and printing.

At the same time, my five year old son was in desperate need of some cool tee shirts that would express his love of natural history and bizarre sea creatures. The average retailer only offered cutsy designs for kids his age. The ferocious beasts that he obssessed over in ocean textbooks were no where to be...


Typsy Gypsy Tees on Etsy

Typsy Gypsy Tees will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday this Saturday!
11am to 5pm
315 South Broad Street

No comments:

Post a Comment