Friday, November 12, 2010

Kristen Solecki Illustration chats with Crafty!

Kristin Solecki Illustration

What do you make and how did you get your start?
I make traditional mixed media art, everything from silk screens, wood blocks, paintings and drawings. Since I work in such a varied media I am able to apply my artwork to a variety of products including apparel, prints, and fine art. I got started selling my work and finding new avenues for my work in college. I didn't want to just make paintings or just make clothes, I wanted to speak to as many audiences as possible with as many forms of the craft as I could and this seemed perfect!

What are you bringing to Crafty Balboa Holiday?

I am bringing original silk screens, hand printed baby apparel, and small woodenornaments each with an original painting on them. I think it is important to give a gift with meaning and something that is unique, that no one else will have! Price range for all my work $3-$50.

What's the best present you have ever received?

My mom gave me a small caroler from when she was little. I still look forward to getting it out every year!

All I want for Christmas is...
To see my family and friends over the holidays!
Check out Kristen's website!
Crafty Balboa Holiday - December 4, 2010 - 11am to 5pm Kristen will be there! Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment