Monday, November 15, 2010

Huldra Press chats with Crafty!

HULDRA PRESS
 

What do you make and how did you get started?
My name is Marianne Dages and I run Huldra Press, a bookbinding and letterpress studio. I make one-of-a-kind handbound books that incorporate vintage and recycled material and print stationery and posters, designed by me, as well. I got started when I took a bookbinding class on a whim, and fell in head over heels in love with the process and the materials. Four years later, I’ve opened up a studio here in Philadelphia, and sell my work online and at craft fairs like this one.

What are you bringing to Crafty Balboa Holiday?

I am bringing a variety of affordable and unique books, prints, and cards that’ll appeal to everyone on your list.

For the gentlemen, a leather wraparound notebook with various recycled papers inside. The cover is made from beautiful, durable leather and the pages are sewn into the book with linen thread, so it’s made to last. It’s also small enough to fit in his jacket pocket, so he’ll always have it on hand.
Price: $32

For your friends, a set of five letterpress “hello” cards, so you can keep in touch. These cards are illustrated with a simple modern design of three feathers and are printed on 100% recycled paper and envelopes.
Price: $15

For your honey, a one-of-a-kind, hardbound journal. I’ll have them in all different colors and sizes, each one with its own unique vintage paper ephemera inside and out. Every journal is entirely made by hand, from start to finish, and will last for many years to come.
Price: $22 - $80

What's the best present you have ever made?

I love when I give someone a book and they put it to work, because the more it’s used, the more interesting it is as an object. So I’d have to say the hardcover journal I made for my boyfriend. He’s a blacksmith, so it really got used, but it makes me really happy to see it get dirty and dog-eared but still going strong.

All I want for Christmas is...
PAPER!



Huldra Press on Etsy
http://huldrapress.blogspot.com

Huldra Press will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday on December 4, from 11am to 5pm! Be sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment