Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another first time Crafty Balboa vendor, say hello to MAMA MAY I!

Mama May I is Jessica Perkins. Here's a little of what Jessica has to say about creating things. "I have been interested in creating for as long as I can remember. I have memories designing things on paper and bringing them to my Mom to help me make them into real life objects. Sewing is a skill I am excited to pass on to my children. I have so many great memories, staying up past my bedtime just so I could finish a project."


Tell us about yourself!  Mama May i started out in May of 2009 with most of my toys being handmade ribbon blankets and sewn playthings. As my first daughter grew, I had to find new ways to challenge my little scientist, and I started expanding into other handmade learning toys (wooden toys, counting play sets, and colorful gadgets). Since I believe children make sense of their worlds through sensing their worlds, and have always been inspired by Montessori and Waldorf methodologies, it seemed a natural progression. All of my products for Mama May i are designed for education and learning through play. I create with this philosophy in mind and encourage folks visiting my shop to dive in, make a splash, a scribble, or an inquisitive fiddle on the memories your little ones!


What's a great gift item you will have at Crafty Balboa? I will be selling one of my most popular creations, Little People Rainbow World for $29. These make the perfect gift for children that no longer mouth toys (typically 3 years of age and older).


All I want for Christmas is... Making handmade toys is especially rewarding during the holiday season. It warms my heart to know that little ones are unwrapping my colorful creations gifted to them in love. I want most for my toys to get parents playing with their little explorers while making lasting memories together!





Mama May I will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday on December 17th! If you need to find her before then, check her out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment