Thursday, December 1, 2011

Say "Hello" to KATIE VANVLIET!

Katie VanVliet is a busy lady. From managing a local art boutique/gallery, and exhibiting her work all over the country, to running BYO Studio here in Philadelphia, we're lucky she finds the time to make it to Crafty Balboa to share her wonderful work with us!


Tell us what you do! I etch copper. Mostly, it's to pull intaglio prints from, but sometimes I use those etching techniques to etch unique objects, like lockets, pendants, and plaques. Once, I etched a brass doorknob.


What kind of gift options will you be bringing to Crafty Balboa Holiday? I'll be bringing lots of loose prints that you can give to budding art collectors, or anyone with a taste for art and wall space to spare! Most of my prints are about $50 each, and they fit a standard size frame for your convenience. They're depictions of whimsical places and spaces, with odd little characters too.


All I want for Christmas is... a giant sheet of roofing copper, to make new prints!!!






Check out that doorknob!


If you can't wait to see Katie until the 17th at Crafty Balboa Holiday, you can find her here!

No comments:

Post a Comment