Monday, December 5, 2011

Crafty chats with THE PAINTED LILY!

Did you know that Jenny Alexander of The Painted Lily started out her career as a professional magician, traveling all over the country and the world?! Super awesome!


Tell us about yourself! I'm an indie artist and designer, specializing in vintage images and antique ephemera. I create collages using old images like such as old theater posters, antique wallpaper patterns, greeting cards, vintage letters and art papers. I also offer these in a line of home decor items including stone drink coasters, journals, ceramic ornaments and throw pillows.


Is there a gift item you will have at Crafty Balboa you would like to tell us about? I'm so excited to be bringing my Philly map coasters to Crafty Balboa Holiday! It's a set of four stone coasters featuring a map of Philadelphia. They are created using a transfer technique that allows the natural color and character of the stone to show through the image. Priced at $26.00 per set, they are the perfect gift for a Philly native who LOVES their hometown!


All I want for Christmas is... art supplies! Nothing makes me happier on Christmas morning than things to get my creative spark blazing!





Visit The Painted Lily at Crafty Balboa Holiday on December 17th. Until then, you can find her here!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful design! That stone coaster have an awesome design! How I wish I also have a good hand to draw this with my personalized coasters.

    ReplyDelete