Thursday, December 1, 2011

RACHEL SHOSHANA answers Crafty's Questions!

Rachel Shoshana's jewelry designs have an earthy, handmade aesthetic. By creating every piece by hand, her jewelry has a personal feel as they are all slightly different. 


What is it you do? I do sterling silver, brass and gemstone jewelry. I recently have become rather obsessed with using brass and silver together. I love how they play so well together and how brass gets this warm tone to it the more you wear it. But the real key to my heart is gemstones (as it is for every girl!) I love using natural stones and allowing them to sparkle and shine as the star of the jewelry I make!


Tell us about a great gift idea from your collectionRight now my favorite gift is the set of my brass and silver hoop earrings. They are hand formed and hammered that go with every outfit. I also have started making a bib necklace that will match these earrings that is set to debut at Crafty! I can't wait to see what everyone says about it.


All I want for Christmas is... I would love to get a bigger torch. I love my torch now and would love to be able to make larger pieces and let my creative spirit really soar! I also love my torch now so that helps keep me motivated to come into the studio to play with everything.






Rachel will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday! But if you need to find her before then, check her out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment