Friday, November 30, 2012

Penelope & Anastasia answers Crafty's questions!

Tell us about Penelope & Anastasia!
My name is Pamela and I’m a Jewelry Designer, Mom to our daughter, wife to my patient husband, vintage rummager, spur of the moment kitchen dancer, home renovator, finder of lost library books, and bad cook. Since 2004, Penelope & Anastasia has been a corner in my life over which I have complete control and I am happy when I sit down to my highly disorganized but sparkle-filled worktable.

The name Penelope & Anastasia was born out of my childhood. When my sister Andrea and I had misbehaved, our imaginative Mother would tell us stories of bad little girls named Penelope (if I was the culprit) and Anastasia (for Andrea). So there you have our imaginary evil twins.

I often create with vintage baubles that I only too happily rip apart as inspiration strikes for a new piece. Always a yard saler, thrift shopper, and flea market maven, Penelope & Anastasia now allows me to justify my vintage obsession to my understanding husband and I couldn’t ask for anything more.


What's your favorite gift item you will have at Crafty Balboa Holiday?
All of them ... duh!? This is an awful question! It's like asking a mother to choose her favorite child (Marcella). Seriously, I almost can't answer this, as all of my pieces are so very different from another and change often. Twist my arm I'll have to say, a piece including vintage, something not many other women will own. I have a new bracelet design made with vintage brass mesh & chain components I picked up at a vintage jewelry wholesaler in NYC. They wrap around the wrist four times for a total statement and at only $35, you get a great piece of yesterday.

My favorite thing about the holiday is...
I have a Penelope & Anastasia Holiday Open House each year that I LOVE hosting! I have wonderful clients and friends that come armed with lists of jewelry they need for gifting. I spend the afternoon laughing, giving & receiving a zillion hugs & kisses, drinking wine and chatting about jewelry. This is a perfect day in my book!






Penelope & Anastasia  will be at Crafty Balboa Holiday on December 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment